Bread & Cie Bakery and Café bakes hand-made, old-world European rustic bread and pastries seven days a week. The unique flavors, textures, and crusts give our breads a wonderful versatility and are a result of meticulous preparation using age-old artisan bread making techniques, premium ingredients, and the finest stone-hearth oven imported from Europe.
All of our breads are:
- baked fresh each and every day
- made with all natural ingredients, including organic flour for all whole wheat recipes
- made with “natural starters” for leavening rather than commercial yeast to make our dough rise (a 2 day procedure) which unlocks and intensifies the flavor of grain during a slow fermentation process
- baked in an imported, 10,000 ton, hearth deck bread oven
- made without any preservatives
In other words, Bread & Cie makes hard crusted bread in the most expensive, time-consuming, most painful way possible.
All of the breads at Bread & Cie reflect our commitment to the highest standards of quality, our dedication to the time honored traditions of European artisan bread baking and our undying love of fresh baked, old world country breads.
Bread & Cie also wholesales our bread to restaurants, selected markets, caterers and hotels, as well as a couple of caterers who live in a hotel.
Bread & Cie. Pastries too
We also sell European pastries including Viennoiserie (croissants, etc.), and sweet baked goods including scones, muffins, fruit tarts and pies.
Baked each and every day, Bread & Cie. offers a daily assortment of morning pastries, vienoisserie (croissants, cinnamon buns, etc.) as well as fruit tarts, pies and celebration cakes.
- crossants (plain, chocolate & almond)
- assorted muffins
- cinnamon rolls
- chocolate pain latte
- fruit turnovers
- apple lattice
- seasonal fruit tarts and pies
- birthday & other celebration cakes
Special Pastries: Our Pastry chefs are moody and temperamental and what they bake in addition to our above daily fare varies accordingly. Sometimes we offer meringues, parisian macaroons, madeleines, napoleons, cream puffs and much more… and sometimes we don’t.